Passive House Design
The basic principles of passive house design is to minimize heat loss and maximise heat gain. Ten simple steps to acheiving this concept are:
1. Solar Orientation
2. Compact Form
3. High Levels of Insulation.
4. Energy Efficient Windows
5. Building Envelope Air-Tightness
6. Solar Shading.
7. Ventilation with Heat Recovery
8. Renewable Energy for Hot Water and Power
9. Energy Saving Appliances
10. Knowledge, Enthusiasm and Teamwork!
For more Passive House reading material click here.